In-Depth Guide to the Cascoda Packet Sniffer
If you are developing devices running on Thread, then you can use Cascoda’s packet sniffer to see all the traffic in the air.
The online documentation on how to use the Sniffer is available on GitHub.
However we also made a video that demonstrates the following steps:
- Starting Wireshark, including selecting the Thread channel
- Decrypt Thread network communication (since communication over Thread is always secure)
- Showing IEEE 802.15.4 packets, Thread MLE communication
- Showing CoAP & mDNS traffic
- Decrypt KNX OSCORE messaging
- Showing & explaining the KNX s-mode messages